Today is World Book Day so good to share the inspirational books that this year's Yoga Foundation students felt helped get them onto their path into yoga.
- Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer, published by New Harbinger Publications
- The Gentle Art of Blessing by Pierre Pradervand.
- Yoga for Depression by Amy Weintraub.
- The Mantram Handbook by Eknath Easwaran Audio
- The Chimp Paradox: the mind management programme for you to achieve success, confidence and happiness by Dr Steve Peters
- Freeing the Body, Freeing the Mind: Writings on the connections between yoga and Buddhism by Michael Stone
- The Yoga Kitchen Plan by Kimberley Parsons
- Science of Yoga by Ann Swanson
I have a pile of go to books to inspire my own practice and to find readings for our end of class stillness. Currently top of my pile is
- The Poetry Pharmacy: Tried and True Prescriptions for the Heart, Mind and Soul by William Sieghart, Particular books
Today we may well see kids dressed up as their favourite character from a book so do compliment them, and the Mum's and Dad's who no stayed up late to help make them!
Do share your favourite book, and or inspirational reading or poem, just leave a comment below. Be great to have some new poems to bring to read in class over rest of March. Last night's yoga class is held in Deancourt Community Centre Association, Botley, which has a Bookshelf of books to borrow and share. If you would like to pass on any books do bring along and leave for someone else!